Uncategorized

Published on June 21st, 2013 | by Alan Cross

Follow-Up: Saving Your Concert Ticket Stubs

Earlier this week, I posted a story about saving concert ticket stubs as a way of documenting your own personal music history and experiences.  The reaction was, to say the least, huge.

It turns out that I’m not the only person passionate about this sort of thing.  People have been sending me email detailing their concert ticket stub stories.

John was one such guy.  He sent me these pictures of his collection of old stubs which are definitely worth a browse.  And if you have a story/opinion on the matter, leave it in the comments section.

Someone really ought to start a Tumblr blog on this topic.

Related Posts

8 Responses to Follow-Up: Saving Your Concert Ticket Stubs

1. Chris says:

Awesome. Love the old MLG tickets. My collection is no where near that extensive, but I'm still collecting…even the new digital/PDF tickets, where I can.

2. Dave says:

Nice collection! I keep mine in an old manila envelope wrapped in a Ziploc bag until I finally figure out how I want to display/store them. A few too many moves and maybe a careless night here and there has led to some stubs being misplaced, but they're mostly there. The collector in me is worried about condition and preservation so I'm cringing a little at the crappy tape he used that's staining, browning and damaging the tickets above.

3. Shane Smith says:

I have mine in a photo album, with any photos I may have taken for any givin show. My Metallica stub from the And Justice For All tour in Ottawa a great one complete with photos. Another would be the famous GNR/Metallica/Faith No more riot in Montreal. I could have sold my ticket for the show for about $200 but opted not to. Did I feel stupid after the show for not.

4. Steve Leventhal says:

Somebody already has a ticket stub site (not me)

5. Nancy says:

Wow! What a great collection! I've been keeping since a late 80's but the collection displayed here really makes me wish I had done this and kept all of them! I found the first big concert I attended in his collection – the 1977 Varsity Stadium CSN&Y, with The Band and Jesse Colin Young (next day was first day of school year, late getting home!), then found lots of others – great to look through – sure brings a smile thinking about those times (think I'll make a playlist and sit and reminisce some more… :-). Thanks for posting!

6. Terry says:

I got all kinds from The 80's on. Always cool to see. Some of the shows I can even remember.
    Glad to see there are other freaks like me.

7. jYo says:

The Clash (in 82!) sponsored by Leon's is killing me! Never got to see them live…

8. Vince Ricci says:

Would you have any backstage passes in your collection

Let us know what you think!