Music News

Published on January 20th, 2018 | by Alan Cross

1

The good news? 60% of The Smiths are reuniting. The bad news? The other 40% isn’t involved.

At the end of it all, the Smiths were a five-piece unit: Morrissey, Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke, Mike Joyce and Craig Gannon. Getting them all back together has been an obsession since their 1987 breakup.

The good news is that we’re 60% of the way there. Rourke, Joyce and Gannon are planning…something together.

The bad news? No Morrissey and Marr, of course. Still…

Tags: , , , , ,


About the Author

is an internationally known broadcaster, interviewer, writer, consultant, blogger and speaker. In his 30+ years in the music business, Alan has interviewed the biggest names in rock, from David Bowie and U2 to Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters. He’s also known as a musicologist and documentarian through programs like The Ongoing History of New Music.


Related Posts


One Response to The good news? 60% of The Smiths are reuniting. The bad news? The other 40% isn’t involved.

  1. Michael says:

    Alan,

    I would have said ‘Still Ill’!

    Michael

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to Top ↑