Published on August 30th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Noticed the New YouTube Redesigns Yet?
YouTube has slowly been reinventing is look. Earlier this year, they unveiled a redesign of their desktop website, which have to admit is a lot cleaner and modern than the original. That update left beta yesterday and will be rolled out over the entire platform for all users.
But that’s not all. The YouTube logo has been tweaked a little bit. TechCrunch has this GIF that compares the new logo to what the most recent tweak which happened in 2015. (More here.)
What else is new?
- “Dark mode” for nighttime viewing (desktop only).
- A new look for the mobile app with the controls moved to the bottom of the page for easy thumb access.
- New tabs for Library and Account.
- New user gestures for the mobile app. A double tap on the left or right side of the video window will rewind for fast-forward things by 10 seconds. A swipe left will take you to the previous video while a swipe right takes you to the next one.
- You can now speed up or slow down a video on the mobile app, just like you can on the desktop.
- Black bars on vertical videos are now gone.
Follow up on the rest of the features here.