Published on October 27th, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
The Ongoing History of New Music, Episode 798: A Remembrance of Gord Downie, Part 1
This is for fans of Gord and the Tragically Hip. Sit back, listen, remember, smile.
Songs heard on this show (almost all are live performances taken from various archives):
So Hard Done By
2000 Light Years from Home/The Changeling
Baby Please Don’t Go
Reformed Baptist Blues
Smalltown Bring Down
She Didn’t Know
New Orleans is Sinking
Locked in the Trunk of a Car
Playlister Eric Wilhite contributes this.
Don’t forget that you can get the podcast version of this podcast through iTunes or wherever you get your on-demand audio.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- The Drive/Kingston
- Power 97/Winnipeg (Sunday nights at 11)
- 98.1 The Bridge/Lethbridge – Saturday night at 6, Sunday morning at 10am
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver
- Live 105/Halifax
- NEW! WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.