Published on July 12th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
PUP Wins $10,000 in the SOCAN Songwriting Prize
Toronto’s PUP has won the 12th annual English SOCAN Songwriting Prize for this track from their 2016, The Dream is Over.
“DVP” was chosen by a panel of music industry wonks (me included) from a list of ten finalists.
For the record, these were the other finalists.
- “Acid Test” – written by Tommy Paxton-Beesley, Thadeus Gardwood, Johnathan Mavrogiannis, Dan Voicu; performed by River Tiber; published by Raise Your Hands Music [Arts & Crafts Music].
- “Big Boy” – written by Charlotte Cardin; performed by Charlotte Cardin.
- “Figures” – written by Jessie Reyez, Bjoran Johan, Tobias Frelin, Blake Carter; performed by Jessie Reyez; published by BMG Rights Management.
- “Glowed Up” – written by Kevin Celestin, Brandon Anderson; performed byKaytranada featuring Anderson .Paak; published by Watch and Learn/BMI, PULSE, Casablanca Publishing.
- “Push + Pull” – written by Thomas D’Arcy, Ian Docherty, Peter Dreimanis, Leah Goldstein, Danny Miles, Josh Warburton; performed by July Talk; published by July Talk Music Inc., GalleryAC Music.
- “Shithole” – written by Jasmyn Burke, Morgan Waters; performed by Weaves.
- “We Don’t Know ” – written by Jeremy Drury, Jonathan Hembrey, Darryl James, Brian Pickett, David Ritter, Isabel Ritchie, Joanne Setterington; performed by The Strumbellas; published by Domino Music Publishing.
- “Won’t Live Here “ – written by Ashton Simmonds, Jordan Evans, Matthew Burnett, Tommy Paxton-Beesley, Ian Culley, Alexander Ernewein; performed by Daniel Caesar; published by Kobalt Music Publishing & Raise Your Hands Music [Arts & Crafts Music].
- “Work” – written by Charlotte Day Wilson; performed by Charlotte Day Wilson; published by Raise Your Hands Music [Arts & Crafts Music].