Published on June 29th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music New for Thursday, June 29, 2017
Off to Ottawa for a big Governor General’s gala tonight. I might get a chance to meet Michael J. Fox tonight. I’ll report back. And now, the music news for June 29.
- It had to happen: Donald Trump in the Hall of Presidents at Disney World.
- Here’s a fun music video by Australia’s The Creases. They accidentally get booked to play a gig in a BDSM club.
- Smartphones are making us dumb. Science says so.
- Well, if someone is going to crash your wedding, you want it to be like this. (Via Tom)
- Interesting: As of Saturday, India will require iTunes to charge GST on all apps and in-app purchases. The Canadian government doesn’t do that. Yet.
- Wonder why people still go and on about Kraftwerk? Read this.
- Fancy a cruise built around electronic music?
- Here’s a look at the listening habits of UK teens.
- MTV is restructuring. Again.
- This phone doesn’t need a battery.
- A song from Prince’s father is going to be released on the occasion of his 101st birthday.
- Queen is planning a VR concert. Is this the future of live music?
- The American Idol reboots looks like it’s going to cost a fortune.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is set to open an exhibit called “Power of Rock.”
- I hope you managed to catch Adele on this last tour because it looks like she’ll never tour again.