Published on November 7th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music New for Tuesday, November 7, 2017
On this day in 1994, WXYC, a campus radio station, made the first Internet radio broadcast. And what’s happening as far as music news is concerned for November 7? Glad you asked.
- Lady Gaga is back on the road after her bad health scare.
- Jay-Z’s tour is NOT selling well. Actually, it’s a disaster.
- And things haven’t been going well for Arcade Fire’s current tour, either.
- Here’s a look at Canadian music sales from last week vs. this time last year: Total albums, -16.3%; digital albums, -23.3%; physical albums, -11.3%; CDs, -12.9%; vinyl, +19.9%; streams, +76.5%.
- So now Ozzy is going on a farewell world tour?
- Less than one million physical albums were sold in the US last week. It was possible to make the Top 200 by selling just 976 copies of a record.
- An ABBA-theme restaurant? Not if the locals have anything to say about it.
- Here’s another article detailing the kinds of mental health issues that are plaguing the music industry.
- Britney Spears opened a children’s cancer ward in Las Vegas. She contributed $1 million.
- This article says that 13% of your Facebook followers are fake.
- Here are some lovely commercials about the power of music.
- Fascinating stat: With the rise of mobile phones, the world takes 3 trillion pictures a day.
- I’m off to see Morrissey at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday night. Looks like I won’t be able to get a hot dog. Not that I’d one want one, mind you…
- “Slow radio?” What’s that?
- This super-rare Beatles record is going up for auction. Projected price? $200,000 USD.
- This is helpful: How to shoot a music video.