Published on August 22nd, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for August 22, 2014
Good God! Next week is the Labour Day Long Weekend! Jeezus!
- SoundCloud gets more funding and announces a monetization play.
- Live Nation has signed on as the official live music partner for the 2015 Pan Am Games in Toronto. They promise to find all kinds of top-flight Canada and international acts.
- This Muskoka Sound Music Festival looks good for anyone willing to head north of Toronto next month.
- Amy Winehouse is getting a statue in Camden.
- Miley Cyrus has been banned in the Dominican Republic.
- Janet Jackson has been banned by the NFL. Justin Timberlake? He’s still okay. Wait–what?
- Australian band has their car stolen while on tour.
- The “chairless chair.” I could see this working well at a music festival.
- How many copyright violation takedown requests does Google process a day? About a million.
- The co-founder of Twitter plans to create a brand new online music magazine.
- Shazam says they now have 100 million mobile users every month.
- Question of the day: should John Lennon’s killer remain in jail forever just because he killed John Lennon? Think about that…