Published on August 10th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, August 10, 2018
The staycation continues. How much have I accomplished with that list of things I was planning to do around the house? Zero, if I’m honest–not including doing this like dealing with music news for August 10, 2018.
- Wanna know how today’s biggest pop songs get written? Read this.
- Wanna know the future of the music video? Read this.
- Wanna know what it’s like to be a female executive in the record business? Read this.
- Drake has become the first artist to cross the 50 billion stream mark.
- Troy Carter, former Spotify executive and Lady Gaga’s one-time manager, just dropped a ton on a painting.
- Tim Cook is not a fan of Spotify’s algorithms.
- “Mick Jagger” for the win!
- Aerosmith’s original touring van has been found rotting out in the woods. (Via Tom)
- An anti-LGBTQ group isn’t happy with Britney Spears.
- That time when a Dave Matthews Band tour bus dumped 800 pounds of poop on a boatload of people. (Via Peter)
- How about a solid state hard drive that jams 32 TB into a package the size of a 12-inch ruler. That could store a few songs.
- BTS will become the first K-pop band to play a stadium gig in the US.
- Silicon Valley: “What have we done? What kind of monster have we created?”
- Samsung is now in the personal voice assistant game. Siri? Meet Bixby.
- And at the same time, Samsung has this new deal with Spotify.
- Have a dream of DJing abroad? Read this.