Published on December 14th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, December 14, 2018
Plutonium was isolated on this day in 1940. As for music news on December 14, 2018…
- Nominations for the 2019 Juno Awards will be released January 29.
- Peter Murphy–yes, the Goth god–was thrown out of his own gig for throwing bottles. (Via Moe)
- Jailed Cannibal Corpse guitarist Pat O’Brien has this thing about the impending rapture. Oh, and he had flamethrowers at home.
- Hip-hop’s most notorious cocktail is called “Lean.” It sounds awful.
- It looks like the “Blurred Lines” copyright ruling will stand because the deadline for a Supreme Court filing has passed.
- Keith Richards has stopped drinking. Wait–what?
- “The Ballad of a Bloody, Poop-Throwing Punk-Rock ‘Terrorist.'” How’s that for a synopsis for a documentary?
- YouTube has turned a bunch of charts into playlists.
- David Lee Roth says he’s only just now seeing royalties from Van Halen.
- William Shatner is the latest person with something to say about the “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” controversy.
- Meanwhile, here’s a list of the saddest Christmas songs…ever.
- And here are five Christmas songs you may never hear while you’re out shopping. (Via Blind Gordie)
- Apparently, Blu-ray discs are back.
- An idea for Christmas: Why not make a donation to Canadian music education in someone’s name?
- People are using smart speakers to listen to music much in the same way they use dumb speakers.
- Deadpool has managed to annoy some Mormons.
- Wanna buy Noel Gallagher’s house? It’s for sale.
- There has been a BIG shift in how we watch TV. See?
- How China weaned itself from music