Published on July 3rd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, July 3, 2015
Oh, dear, America. You’ve only got 24 hours to brush up on what tomorrow means.
- Rush wants to make a movie from their Clockwork Angels concept album…
- …and Slipknot wants to make a concept record.
- At one point, Taylor Swift’s Big Machine label/management company was on the market. Not any more. In fact, it’s a buyer.
- So what’s Chris Martin doing in India? Another hook-up?
- How Queen conquered the US and then bit the dust. (Hint: Disco hurt them, but not in the way you might think.)
- Stephen Colbert took over a community access TV channel. His interview? Eminem.
- This is damning: secrets of some annoying celebrity humanitarians.
- In case you’re all choked up about those Grateful Dead shows this weekend, read this.
- Canadian Music Week 2016 will run from May 4 to 14 in Toronto. This is the 34th time at this rodeo. This year’s international spotlight will be on the UK and Ireland.
- There was some car accident drama outside Jimmy Page’s mansion this week.
- When the iPhone 6s comes out in September, it will be available in pink.
- This is the kind of thing Damon Albarn does when he’s not distracted by Blur.
- Britain is the music download capital of Europe.
- Here’s an interesting interview with Pete Townshend on music and religion.
- An album inspired by the brutality of ISIS? Yep.
- The Dalai Lama is getting a birthday album featuring people like Lorde and Kate Bush.
- Why are some song titles used over and over again?
- Anyone else notice that Home Sharing has disappeared in iOS 8.4?