Published on June 15th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, June 15, 2018
Worldwide productivity has already dropped to near zero as a result of the World Cup. Yet there’s still music news for June 15, 2018.
- RIP DJ Fontana, Elvis’ drummer. He’s dead at 87.
- Has the Beyonce-Jay-Z tour been reduced to giving away tickets for free? That’s the story.
- PJ Harvey is selling her Hollywood condo. Want to make an offer?
- Peach-scented vinyl? Yep.
- About that street in Detroit that was supposed to be named after Michael Jackson…
- Amazon is going to stream the replay of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony to 34 countries and in eight languages July 1.
- What are the chances of podcasts every truly going mainstream? Let’s discuss that.
- Because all need a travel ukulele, I present this to you.
- Massey Hall is about to close for some serious renovations. It’ll be worth it. Really.
- Is high-end audio on its way to becoming a lifestyle product?
- People keep buying tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Pipers, thinking that they’re off to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Starting Monday, anyone can buy a seat from Massey Hall as renovations continue. Better than throwing them out, right?