Published on June 29th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, June 29, 2018
School’s out! Only 65-ish days until the first day of school! And now music news for Friday, June 29, 2018.
- Ed Sheeran would like to discuss his bladder issues.
- And he has copyright issues, too. LOTS of them. The latest is worth $100 million.
- Make no mistake: Joe Jackson was a monstrous father.
- RIP Steve Soto of punk legends The Adolescents.
- You saw that Drake’s new album, Scorpion, features an unreleased Michael Jackson track, right?
- A new survey says that musicians are more abused and poorer than regular folk. They make less than the average Uber driver.
- There was a data breach at Ticketmaster in the UK.
- Speaking of Ticketmaster, some brokers (i.e. secondary sellers) claims the company secretly supplied them with bot software.
- Need a timesuck before the long weekend. Try this.
- Well, that’s one way to recycle old computer gear into something musical. (Via Tom)
- Are we experiencing a saxophone renaissance? Maybe.
- The man accused of murdering XXXtenacion has pleaded not guilty.
- Is this the “Netflix of podcasts?” Possibly.
- What is this rumour about Apple’s joint subscription for music, video, and news? Sounds a lot like Amazon Prime, in a way.
- English soccer fans sure love to sing. Anywhere, too.
- Nice to see: more people of colour are involved in the British indie scene.
- And speaking of diversity, this festival has added a women-only stage.
- The music industry is talking about what comes next with the #MeToo movement.
- This was kind of eerie, don’t you think?