Published on March 23rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, March 23, 2018
Off to Vancouver for Juno weekend today. Sadly, this means I’ll miss the birthday of one of our English bull terriers. Sorry about that, Squirt, but I’ll bring you something nice back from the coast. Meanwhile, here’s some music news for March 23, 2018.
- The Library of Congress has revealed this year’s 25 additions to the National Recording Registry. Everyone should own these albums.
- Booked to perform at Queen Elizabeth’s birthday party? Shaggy.
- Bowie in 3D.
- Harvey Weinstein owes money to David Bowie.
- Discogs takes a look back fifty years for the best records of 1968.
- Tina Turner says she’s forgiven Ike for all those years of abuse.
- Taylor Swift fans are banned from a new Kanye West dating site. That’s so inconsequential in the grand scheme of things I feel dirty even mentioning it.
- Is Jimmy Iovine about to step down from Apple? Maybe.
- Speaking of Apple, there could be a bad Siri bug.
- The nuns are gunning for Katy Perry. How do you fight nuns?
- Because there’s always a reason to celebrate Elvis, apparently…
- Prosecutors have turned all the files in the Prince investigation over to his family. Litigation to follow?
- This is the best band name of the month.