Published on March 30th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, March 30, 2018
On a plane on the way to Asia this Good Friday for a much-needed vacation. But because I’m obsessive about maintaining appearances, I’m still doing things like reporting on the music news for March 30, 2018.
- This is concerning: Matt Good is still in hospital suffering from pneumonia.
- This is fun: Eight songs where you can hear rappers’ chains clinking.
- This is cool: Tom Waits made a 76-song playlist of his own music. I wish other artists would do this.
- This is interesting: Kanye has split with his longtime manager.
- This is probably due: a classical musician has won a lawsuit over damage to his hearing during a performance of Wagner’s Die Walkure.
- This is a lot: There are more than one billion mobile connections in India.
- This is bad for Mark Zuckerberg: Playboy has deleted all of its Facebook accounts.
- This is a blast from the past: Anyone else remember grebo music from the UK?
- This is weird: the new “music from another room” meme.
- This is nice: Apple Music has added curated streams of music videos to its library.
- This is stupid: Tiffany Haddish was asked to sign an NDA about who really bit Beyonce.
- This is disturbing: The Glenn Frey wrongful death lawsuit.
- This is awkward: James Corden interviewed Julian Casablancas and–well, you’ll see.
- This is for rent: Some notorious LA apartments.
- This is some good advice for your eyes: Beware what your screens are doing to your vision.
- This is questionable: Fall Out Boy’s bizarre Princess Diana video.
- This is unnecessary: Drake’s solid gold Air Jordans that are worth $2 million US.
- This is a sign of the Apocalypse: Snoop Dogg has the #1 gospel album.