Published on March 6th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, March 6, 2015
Here’s a tip: if you have a garburator in your sink, don’t flush down egg shelves. I learned the hard way that calcium carbonate + water + time = sedimentary limestone. Trust me on this. It cost me $275 to find out.
- Interesting thought: has EDM reached its peak?
- Buddy Holly died in a plane crash in 1957. Is the National Transportation Safety Board about to re-open the case?
- These musicians from Mali are fighting Islamists with music.
- New StubHub app now integrates with Spotify to help make personalized concert recommendations.
- Rock Band 4 will officially be out this year. (Via Brent)
- Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen is selling off his entire guitar collection.
- People are wondering about the future of The Future of Music Coalition.
- Here’s an update on Bruce Dickinson’s cancer.
- There’s a granola maker with a product called “Haulin’ Oates.” Guess which 70s/80s duo is suing them? (Hint: Say “Haulin’ Oates” out loud.)
- Damn. This Viking metal band really should have gone to Eurovision.
- McDonald’s should know better than to ask a poor indie band to play for free.
- What’s this Apple/HBO deal all about?
- This new wireless radio technology could change everything from guitars to cell phones and beyond.
- WARNING: DANGEROUSLY CUTE KIDS MIMING PLAYING IN A BAND.