Published on May 15th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, May 15, 2015
It’s here! The first long weekend of the summer! (Well, for Canadians, anyway.)
- Now that vacation season is almost here, what are the best musical attractions around the world? Vote now.
- More Courtney woes: an artist says she owes him money for the design of some concert items.
- A list of 100 objects that have been sent into space. Yes, there’s a music component to this.
- There’s a version of The Voice in China. Read all about it here.
- At Indonesian executions, they sing.
- Suge Knight doesn’t want that MRI.
- Now that Rush is back on tour, let’s revisit an interview they did with The NME back in 1978.
- That fire at the Bannatyne Apartments in Winnipeg (part of Guess Who lore) has been attributed to arson. (Via Tom)
- Grooveshark executives talk with Rolling Stone about the rise and fall of the company.
- Is Spotify going to limit its freemium offering to just three months?
- David Letterman’s final musical guest will be Eddie Vedder.
- The Toronto Raptors are getting Drake-inspired jerseys for next season.
- Sony has unveiled a light bulb that also doubles as a wireless speaker.
- Did you know that rap is responsible for the death of religion? That’s what it says here.
- Anyone want to hear the first track from Steven Tyler’s country album?