Published on May 18th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, May 18, 2018
I love this day: the Friday before the beginning of the first long weekend of the summer. From now until 11:59 pm Labour Day, our excuse is “Sorry, dude. It’s summer. Gotta make the most of it.” And here’s some music news for May 18, 2018.
- A court has ruled that photos from Kurt Cobain’s death scene will remain secret.
- This is a good summary of my talk with Jared Smith, the president of Ticketmaster.
- Burton Cummings was involved in a bad car crash in LA. He was injured, but he’ll be fine.
- A nice Friday timesuck: What were the biggest songs the year you graded from high school? Check here. (Via Larry)
- YouTube has just added songwriter, label and publisher credits to millions of songs. Good.
- Got too much money? Then get rid of some of it on this new stupidly expensive iPhone battery case with a solar panel.
- Alexa is about to get some new voices…
- …and Facebook is introducing voice posts.
- Adele’s next project might be a musical. Oliver Twist, in fact.
- Dave Grohl wants to go all Rush-like. A 25-minute Foo Fighters song? Maybe.
- BBC Radio is feeling the challenge of the age of streaming.
- Deaf fans are looking for more access at live music events.
- Live Nation has established a fund for female-focused live music initiatives.
- Can you identify the guitarists who played these famous solo?
- A couple of lost Massey Hall windows featuring Bach and Beethoven have been found in a box in the basement. A nice find during the restoration.
- This kid is just two years old and he’s already a better drummer than most people.