Published on May 29th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, May 29, 2015
Finally on my way home. Singapore-Tokyo-Calgary-Toronto. All in steerage, of course.
- Teaching hip hop in Hong Kong.
- Fun: an oral history of Toronto’s Caribana Festival.
- Not strictly music related, but please do not do this.
- I’m not sure the school board approves of this Taylor Swift-lovin’ teacher.
- After 50+ years, both the Stones and the Grateful Dead have figured out how to beat the scalpers.
- Concert sponsorships have reached more than $1 billion so far this year.
- No, Jack White isn’t retiring.
- Interested in the future of mobile music? Read this.
- More airports should do the kind of thing Sea-Tac is doing with the musicians of Seattle. Like this, for example.
- It looks like Record Store Day is expanding to a full week.
- The organizers of Glastonbury were sent death threats when it was announced Kanye West would appear. What’s wrong with people?