Published on May 4th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, May 4, 2018
I just can’t stop staring at the car crash that is the Trump administration. It’s better than any TV show, which concerns me since Veep is coming back soon. How can it get any weirder than reality?
Let’s move on to some music news for May 3, 2018. I boycotted Kanye West news yesterday, but I just can’t ignore it today.
- Republicans are warming to Kanye West…
- …but fans are petitioning Adidas to drop its deal with Kanye…
- …although Adidas is standing behind him, although…
- …and at least one radio station has dropped him…
- …and the media continues to come down on him like this.
- Drake vs. the Cleveland Cavalier vs. the NBA. This is what I mean.
- Ric Ocasek and Paulina Porizkova split after being married nearly 30 years. And it happened last fall.
- US jazz stars were once used to help out with the Cold War.
- This new startup is helping artists and labels recover unclaimed YouTube revenues.
- If you’re an Arctic Monkeys fan, you’ll get a real education in music by exploring this Alex Turner playlist. Recommended.
- A guitar that Kurt Cobain smashed in 1990 (i.e. pre-Nevermind) will be auctioned for $60,000.
- How is Facebook dealing with news coverage these days? News sources are being ranked by “trust.” (Via Tom)
- This artist has been nominated for a BRIT award. She’s 101 years old.
- Taylor Swift has a new…rocket sled?
- Can molly help with PTSD? Some trials with MDMA are underway.
- The Chinese are pretty good with drones. They just got 1,300 of them to dance together in the sky.
- Another streaming service? Yes, but Choon is different.
- And Google seems to be working on a new social gaming platform.
- Here’s a graphic indication of how much Apple relies on the iPhone.
- Are you a Van Morrison fan? Then you’ll need to read this book.