Published on November 9th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, November 9, 2018
Donald Trump was elected president of the US two years ago today. Just sayin’. Now some music news for Friday, November 9, 2018.
- The science is in: Playing Christmas music too early is bad for your health.
- This is the story of Rami Malek’s fake Freddie Mercury teeth.
- Donald Trump says he doesn’t know who Lil Jon is, even though Jon spent two years on The Apprentice.
- An important podcast on, well, podcasting in Canada. You should listen.
- A former New York radio host has been convicted in a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme involving event tickets.
- As we move to a cashless society, what are buskers going to do? Buy card readers?
- Samsung has unveiled its foldable screen.
- These old, old recordings show what it was like when the guns fell silent at the end of WWI.
- This church bell-ringer is suing over, well, bell-ringing.
- If you’re going to bust out a Dirty Dancing routine at a wedding reception, then it better be this good.
- Keith Richards sold his New York apartment, but he took a big hit.
- Got high blood pressure? Try singing.
- More proof that music can help with Alzheimer’s.
- There are accusations that this Chinese singer gamed iTunes to climb the US charts.
- Not music-related, but weird: 7,000 people in the UK still watch black-and-white TVs.
- Is Meg Ryan now engaged or married to John Mellencamp?
- This British indie band is hosting a gig for the deaf that will use vibrating balloons.
- Pussy Riot talks about things like Putin and poisonings.
- Drill music is getting a lot of the blame for the rise in knifings in the UK.
- Bubbles, Michael Jackson’s chimp friend, has a personal net worth of $2 million.