Published on October 12th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, October 12, 2018
The first book in Douglas Adams’ Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series was published on this day in 1979. And for music news on October 12, 2018…
- What is America’s new Music Modernization Act all about? It’s a new way of licensing music in the US which is supposed to (among other things) raise the royalty rates artists are paid. Read more here.
- This blockchain company wants to start an “indestructible Pirate Bay.” This won’t be good for copyright holders.
- David Bowie was once considered for a role in Lord of the Rings.
- Wu-Tang Clan: The TV series.
- Amy Winehouse: The touring hologram has arrived.
- The wife of Korn singer Jonathan Davis died of a cocktail of drugs.
- Roger Waters is no longer popular with a chunk of Brazilian voters.
- The guy who scammed everyone with the disastrous Fyre Festival has been sentenced to six years in jail.
- Meanwhile, this guy is being investigated for selling the same concert tickets 149 times.
- The feud between Limp Bizkit and Insane Clown Posses is over. The peace was brokered by…The Iron Sheik?
- Here’s a reason to make sure the music at the gym is turned up very loud.
- Before he died, Leonard Cohen wrote a poem called “Kanye West is Not Picasso.” (Via Larry)
- U2 is going to record this year’s final show on the Experience + Innocence Tour November 13 in Berlin. (Larry again)
- Here’s a look back at the last 20 years of recording technology.
- Are you a user of Apple Music? It has a new arrangement with Genius to add lyrics.
- Israel has fined a woman in New Zealand $18,000 over a Lorde concert boycott.
- A guy has been convicted of stealing government funds. A judge sentenced him to play piano for three years.