Published on October 26th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, October 26, 2018
Here’s another great German word that has no English equivalent: kummerspeck. It literally means “grief bacon” and describes how you compulsively overeat when you’re feeling angry or sad. And now, music news for October 26, 2018.
- Spotify has lost $9 billion in market value over the last three months. This can’t be good.
- Spotify has also unveiled a playlist submission feature.
- Meanwhile, Apple might be building an AI-powered record label.
- Sinead O’Connor, who was once an ordained priest in a breakaway Catholic sect, has converted to Islam. Her new name is Shuhada Davitt
- This could be one of the most ghoulish examples of music memorabilia anywhere.
- A good question: Would you pay to see a classic rock hologram in concert?
- Need more privacy with Google? Look at this.
- Starting November 1, SiriusXM will have SEVEN channels devoted to nothing but holiday music. That will include a dedicated Mannheim Steamroller channel.
- Bored of the standard Pokemon Go? Try this.
- They don’t call Richard Ashcroft “Mad Richard” for nothing.
- A Bon Jovi cruise? Yep.
- Uh-oh. I hope this doesn’t mean we have to take Bieber back.
- This could be the oddest busking band of all time–even for New York City.
- Zia McCabe of The Dandy Warhols is also a realtor.
- Freddie and the Cats.
- Some bands are giving away free tickets to gigs in hopes of mobilizing young people to vote.