Published on October 5th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, October 5, 2018
Marc Garneau became the first Canadian in space on this day in 1984. And in music news for October 5, 2018…
- Kanye West’s father beat cancer. Kanye celebrated by eating some bugs.
- Suge Knight of Death Row Records just got 28 years in jail for manslaughter.
- The Brett Kavanaugh/UB40 thing just won’t go away.
- Speaking of this whole circus, it has mixed politics and music in a very weird way.
- An Oasis reunion in 2019? No.
- Radiohead almost wrote the soundtrack for Fight Club? Apparently.
- Theresa May really shouldn’t dance in public.
- Lady Gaga has been getting great reviews for her role in the remake of A Star is Born. How will she stack up to other pop stars who made movies?
- And her fans are doing whatever they can to make sure A Star is Born is a hit this weekend.
- A bungalow once owned by John Lennon is for sale.
- Billy Corgan is a father to a new daughter: Philomena Clementine.
- Is Sony thinking about launching a rival to Spotify? Maybe.
- And now W Hotels is launching its own record label.
- Tina Turner: the musical.
- This trespasser looks just like Eminem. It’s not, but the Internet loves the idea.
- Looking forward to buying an 8K TV? After you see the initial price, maybe not…
- Johnny Lydon doesn’t think much of Green Day’s punk credentials. (Via Tom)
- What will 5G mean for radio? Quite a bit, actually.
- Sammy Hagar has a nice place up for sale.
- Mass panic: A real problem at music festivals.
- Adele is making £23,000 a day even though she’s not touring or doing much of anything.