Published on September 4th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, September 4, 2015
*Sigh* The last long weekend of the summer. Why do I think that come Tuesday morning the world is going to go from 0-100 mph in about 2.3 seconds and stay revving in the red until Christmas?
Meanwhile, in music news…
- There was an interesting arrest in London UK this week. The music biz wants to talk to this guy.
- Was Bruce Dickinson’s cancer caused by sex?
- Spotify is one of the top 5 iOS apps by revenue.
- Black Sabbath is calling it quits. They mean it this time.
- Are you in Ethiopia and learning to speak English? There’s a good chance you’re using Pearl Jam’s “Even Flow.”
- Snoop Dogg has something to say about the Tom Brady situation.
- Here’s a big secret to having a hit single to having a hit single to having a hit single.
- Kanye West + Seinfeld = This.
- Wow. Podcasts really are a thing now.
- The music of Burning Man: still weird.
- Ancient music: it might be old, but it can be fascinating.
- How to save radio from the ravages of technology.
- This is fun: a musical history of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The whole notion of the Beatles entering the public domain is getting weird and ugly. (Via Stephen)
- Keith Richards, comedian. (Via Tom)
- Why mobile music is so important to Africa.
- Lady Gaga’s designer is doing some weird stuff in London.
- Spotify thinks it has the Song of the Summer.
- Ants hate iPhones.
- This waitress was fired when she chose a music festival over her job. Don’t worry, though, because she’s getting lots of offers.
- Ed Sheeran is making £15,000 A DAY.