Published on April 23rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Monday, April 23, 2018
The first-ever YouTube video, “Me at the Zoo,” was posted on this day in 2005. As for music news on April 23, 2018…
- A dude broke into Taylor Swift’s NYC home, took a shower, then a nap.
- The English Beat is going to release its first album of new material since 1982.
- And Tears for Fears is about to release their first album in 14 years.
- Daisy is a new Apple robot. It can take apart your iPhone in 18 seconds.
- Want to live to 106? Start by being a music lover.
- The UK is entertaining new legislation to outlaw (or at least cut down on) scalping of concert tickets.
- Good: Live Nation is looking to eliminate plastic straws at its venues.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd will play their last-ever show in the city where they started.
- Damn. Should’ve looked for this Star Trek soundtrack on Record Store Day.
- John Lennon’s self-portrait–the one depicting himself as Hitler–just sold for $54,000 USD.
- Note to Jack White: Don’t even THINK of skipping “Seven Nation Army” when you play live. (Via Moe)
- Here’s a good article on six music stars who also became producers.
- This might be one of the strangest music jobs in the world. Only in Japan… (Via Tom)
- What does a Coachella performer have to do to get attacked by 20 security guards?
- Paul Stanley of KISS is going to deliver a university commencement address.
- A British woman posted some Snoop Dogg lyrics online. She’s now been found guilty of racism.
- Eminem says he’s now officially been sober for 10 years.
- We need more female record producers like Sylvia Massy. See?