Published on December 10th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, December 10, 2018
On this day in 1901, the first Nobel Prize ceremony was held. That’s a big ancient, so here’s something more current: music news for December 10, 2018.
- Six people died in a stampede at a nightclub in Italy.
- And a woman died after a fall at a hip-hop festival in South Africa.
- A former rich party girl has had a big change of heart and focus.
- The 1975 finds themselves in a something of a controversy. Think before you talk, kids.
- When rock stars go disco, there are often a lot of regrets.
- The consensus amongst these artists is that the British music industry needs to be updated.
- In the age of smart speakers, you might not want to name your daughter Alexa. Otherwise…
- Flying this month? Someone has rated airlines by their selection of in-flight movies.
- Are you singing Christmas carols this year? Maybe you should because it’s apparently good for your health.
- Say, isn’t that Yo Yo Ma busking in the Montreal subway? (Via Tom)
- Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey Buckingham have settled their lawsuit prompted by his firing from the band.
- Ticketmaster has launched a fan-to-fan ticket exchange.
- Kid Rock did something really nice (and expensive) for some Walmart shoppers in Nashville.
- Dave Navarro vs. Geraldo. Dave isn’t happy. Not one bit.