Published on July 23rd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, July 23, 2018
It’s the 25th anniversary of the infamous Air Canada Gimli Glider incident. As for what’s happening in music news on July 23, 2018…
- Because it’s Monday, you need this dog singing “Toxic” by Britney Spears.
- Interesting idea: Emergency alerts delivered through streaming services.
- Was George Michael’s death a suicide? That’s the claim.
- Smart speakers and health care? It’s coming.
- And if you have a smart speaker, you might want to read this about erasing conversations you have with it.
- How is Best Buy surviving (nay, thriving!) in the age of Amazon? Read this.
- Could this kill off the rampant attempts at gaming Spotify through payola?
- Bored? Try these hidden tricks that unlock the potential of your smartphone.
- Save the whales through…noise reduction?
- You can now buy merch for Taylor Swift’s cats. If you find yourself online buying some of this stuff, stop whatHodo you’re doing and launch a total re-evaluation of your life.
- Speaking of whom, she’s got another lawsuit to deal with.
- Doctors said this guy would never speak. Now he’s recording his first album. (Via Tom)
- DJ Hodor spins again.
- I’m surprised there aren’t more of these: turntable cafes.
- What are your old tech items worth? You may be surprised.
- The Simpsons would not exist without The Beatles’ Yellow Submarine. Discuss.
- Imagine being stuck next to this guy on the bus.
- Richard Branson is now in the cruise ship business.
- The Rockin’ 1000 was at it again this weekend.
- A band spit beer in this woman’s eye. It saved her life.