Published on July 9th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Monday, July 9, 2018
On this day in 1962, the Starfish Prime nuclear tests were conducted. The US military actually shot nukes INTO ORBIT to see what would happen when they detonated. When it comes to music news for July 9, 2018…
- What is this thing that Donald Trump has with Elton John? It’s a bit obsessive, really. And you gotta wonder what Elton thinks of all this.
- Michael Jackon’s last doctor alleges his father Joe “chemically castrated Michael” so he kept a higher-pitched voice.
- Tidal has now been around for three years. So how’s it going? Not great, really.
- Ever hear of this band called Sado Opera? Prepare yourself.
- A big subjective really (and unduly negative), but what do you think about this of the worst bands of the 90s?
- In Iran, they can arrest you for dancing on Instagram.
- If you’re a fan of Marilyn Manson, you’ll want to take a look at this.
- Why are people suddenly putting their iPhones and iPads in the freezer? (Hint: Don’t do this.)
- Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco has come out as pansexual.
- Americans are streaming more music than ever. The current hero is Drake.
- Ex-blink-182 man Tom DeLonge continues to get praise for his UFO research.
- This is a good look at at the contributions of the riot grrrl movement.
- Monday timesuck: some new 360-degree video from Metallica.
- Gorillaz ended a set early when rapper Del the Funky Homosapien fell off the stage.
- A Led Zeppelin musical? That’s the rumour.
- No surprise here: a British football song is now storming the charts.