Published on November 12th, 2018 | by Alan Cross4
Random music news for Monday, November 12, 2018
I should be in Thailand by now. If not, something has gone dreadfully wrong. But I still managed to compile some music news for November 12, 2018.
- Red Dead Redemption II made $725 million in just three days. And to think that its parent company was once owned by a record label which let it go for just $9 million in 1996. They didn’t see a future in video games. Meanwhile, Red Dead Redemption II made $9 in less than an hour when it first went on sale.
- Think you knew how awful Cream’s Ginger Baker was? Now read this.
- Here’s a cool documentary on the realities of being in an indie band.
- Staten Island has proclaimed Wu-Tang Clan Day.
- Apple chief designer Jonny Ive has come up with this diamond ring for charity Got $250,000 USD?
- The Trump administration is getting down to the serious business of awarding Elvis Presley the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I’m sure Elvis will be thrilled. Oh, wait…
- Meanwhile, Katy Perry is NOT happy with 45’s response to the California wildfires…
- …and Axl Rose ripped Trump a new one over the same thing.
- The California wildfires are so tragic. This father sang to his daughter as they fled the flames.
- And Lady Gaga had to be evacuated because of those same fires.
- Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke have lost their homes to the fires.
- Aerosmith’s Joe Perry was hospitalized after performing “Walk This Way” with Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden.
- Don’t do this to Morrissey. You’ll only ruin it for the others.
- A “cloud tax” on PlayStation users? What’s that all about? (Via Tom)
- There’s an excellent reason your new Tesla can’t get AM radio. This doesn’t bode well for the AM band in all electric cars.