Published on November 23rd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, November 24, 2015
I’m spending the day in the Notting Hill area of London en route to a business meeting. Over displays of ecurity at Heathrow and Paddington Station was surprisingly…absent. Aat least what could be seen, you know?
One other observation: Notice how Canadians (Bieber, the Weeknd, Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette) dominated the American Music Awards last night?
Now, more music news.
- Speaking of the AMAs, Courtney Love had no problem with Justin Bieber wearing a Nirvana shirt.
- Imagine this: a survivor of the Paris attacks was also a survivor of 9/11.
- London is talking about this home renovation project, part of which involves a new basement in which the owner can store his vinyl collection.
- What do you do if your concert becomes the scene of a mass casualty? It’s something we need to ask.
- Vevo, the official music industry YouTube channel, has a nifty new app.
- Here’s another video of music being used to calm the streets of Paris.
- EPL clubs offered this show of support on Saturday.
- New Orleans music legend Alain Toussant had a proper New Orleans funeral.
- Singers aren’t the only people who suffer from vocal strain.
- Liam Gallagher thinks brother Noel is a total sellout for doing this.
- Here’s a really interesting music discovery problem: What do you do about new music that sounds like old music? Here’s what I mean.
- Researchers have figured out a way to grow brand new vocal cords.
- Google Play is giving way Michael Jackon’s Thriller for free.
- LAX is going to build a special lounge for celebrities. (Via Tom)
- Wait: Is Barack Obama on the new Coldplay album?