Published on April 21st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, April 20, 2018
Record Store Day! Yay! What else is making music news on April 21, 2018?
- Here are my weekly music picks for Global News.
- If you’re still on a high from 4/20, then you might want to take a look at this.
- Bono has been awarded the inaugural George W. Bush medal.
- Roberta Flack collapsed during a show last night and was taken to hospital.
- “Stop playing ‘Despacito’ on the subway. Or else!”
- Classical music is annoyed at Kendrick Lamar.
- Here’s another example of how far we’ve come when it comes to what’s acceptable in songs.
- Then again, there’s this: A Coachella attendee was sexually harassed 22 times in 10 hours. What’s wrong with people?
- Are you an artist looking to get your songs on more Spotify playlists? Read this.
- Here’s a 19-hour playlist of David Bowie’s music in chronological order.
- Or maybe you’re an Arcade Fire fan. Here’s a podcast dedicated to deconstructing every Arcade Fire song in alphabetical order.
- And speaking of Bowie, he’s taken over a NYC subway station.
- Will Smith met Michael Jackson. Once. Here’s what happened. (Via Tom)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico, is known as the setting of Breaking Bad. It’s also the city with a headbanging heavy metal mayor.
- 3D audio is a thing. It’s expected to grow a lot this year.
- There will be a benefit concert for the Humboldt Broncos next Friday.
- The Toronto chiropractor who tours with Radiohead (among others).
- Don’t do it, CBC! DON’T DESTROY THIS MUSIC!
- These are some of the weirdest musical things ever found in a thrift shop. Two words: Dragon Band. (Via Andrew)