Published on April 7th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, April 7, 2018
I don’t know where you are in the world, but here in central Canada, spring is nowhere to be seen. My dogs are pissed. While there is no warm weather outside my door on April 7, 2018, this is music news.
- If you’re driving through the US and that hitchhiker looks a little like Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars, it could be.
- Coke has an investment in Spotify. This is going to pay off.
- Primus wrote and performs the South Park theme song. It’s put Les Claypool’s kids through college.
- Remember the horrific Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida? Everyone got it wrong. (Via Larry_
- Spinal Tap man: “Age can be a babe magnet.” But you’d expect that from one of those lot, wouldn’t you?
- Here’s a ranking of the greatest female rap tracks of all time. Discuss.
- This rumour about a TV show based on High Fidelity is interesting because (a) it’s being developed by Disney; and (b) it will have a female lead.
- Musicians having fun trolling anchors on CNBC.
- Any guesses on the most popular iOS apps? Here’s the top 10.
- And what about the most popular Android apps? Another top 10.
- So how do we all feel about the concept of the posthumous album?
- Holy crap! This CBC music archive looks AWESOME!
- This AI program listens to and evaluated 30,000 songs a day looking for talent. What happens to the human element now?
- This is interesting: How Apple’s AirPods finally won over their harshest critics. (I have a pair and I love ’em. Totally worth the money–and I’ve been using them for more than a year.)