Published on August 1st, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, August 1, 2015
What’s with the robo calls offering bogus deals from WestJet, Marriott and Air Canada? Anyone know who’s behind this? Just askin’.
Time for some Saturday music news.
- A not-so-fond look back on the heyday of Britpop by someone who was there.
- Bono: “Let’s claim the Beatles as Irish!” What?
- Macca: “The Beatles forgot dozens of songs”
- People have noticed an increase in the number of black British folk artists. Is the next Joan Armatrading here?
- Do we really need to see the Kurt Cobain death scene photos? SPOILER: Courtney and Frances are right on this one.
- Can’t make it to Chicago for Lollapalooza this weekend? Stream some stuff!
- The bass player for Yellowcard has had a tumour removed. He’s okay.
- How many of the 30 top-viewed YouTube videos have you seen? Be honest now…
- Good: A punk band has adopted a highway in Minnesota. Funny: They’re called The Suicide Commandos.
- Katy Perry and a bunch of nuns walk into court… (Via Tom)
- Did Guns ‘N Roses just lose another guitar player?
- Will.i.am of the Black Eye Peas is worried about what we’re doing with technology.
- Only in Winnipeg, I suppose… (Tom again)
- Worst. “Happy Birthday.” Ever. (Via Brent)
- Watch Mark Ronson cover Queens of the Stone Age. Seriously. (Via Pamela)
- If you’re going to have surgery, make sure that the surgeon gets to listen to his/her favourite tunes.