Published on January 30th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, January 30, 2016
Only two more days and we’ll have survived January. Let’s see if we can get through the rest of the month without any more rock stars dying.
And now, the music news…
- This is the worst example of musician-related TMI I’ve heard in a long time.
- The Straight Outta Compton cast has not been invited to the Oscars. This won’t end well.
- And on sort of a related topic, here’s Macklemore talking about his song “White Privilege.”
- And WTF with JosephFiennes being cast to play Michael Jackson in the bio-pic? This can only get weirder.
- And didn’t MJ once tell Oprah that he never wanted any white actor to play him?
- Meanwhile, Spike Lee is upset that the Jackson legacy has been “hijacked.”
- Maybe a post-Super Bowl show with Stephen Colbert will help his ratings.
- Phil Collins’ marriages: weirder than yours.
- Shazam and Ray Lamontange have teamed up for an interesting music distribution experiment.
- David Bowie now has 12 records in the UK Top 40. Only Elvis managed to do that before.
- The Cult (yes, them) have been booked for this year’s Sound of Music festival in Burlington, Ontario. This event keeps getting better every year. (Via Michael)
- Apple wants to go into a different direction when it comes to the iPhone 7.
- They want Snopp Dogg to narrate what?
- This looks like a fantastic doc about “backyard punks” in some of the roughest areas of LA.
- Why is Bloomberg hiring comedians?