Published on July 14th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, July 14, 2018
On this day in 1976, capital punishment was abolished in Canada. July 14, 2018, will be remembered for this sort of music news.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Still hurting over England’s loss to Croatia in the World Cup? Blame Mick Jagger.
- Speaking of which, YouTube is really sorry for going down in the middle of that game.
- If you’re flying into Incheon in South Korea anytime soon, prepare for a lot of K-pop.
- Is Live Nation in play? Maybe.
- When actor Ben Stiller was in high school, he had a band who made a record. That album is being reissued.
- Sony really wants to keep details of the Dr. Luke controversies and investigations secret. Details here.
- Indie band Glass Animals have had to postpone a tour because their drummer was hurt in a bad cycling accident. It looks like he sustained some brain damage.
- Boy, if these walls could talk.
- Are you doing The Shiggy yet?
- This new discovery could really boost battery life across all kinds of devices.
- Drake’s Scorpion album keeps breaking records.
- Are you the kind of person who likes to fall asleep to music? Then this special pillow is for you.
- YouTube thinks it has another solution against plagiarism on the platform.
- There’s a new John Lennon commemorative stamp.
- Jack White’s baseball bat has been inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.