Published on July 18th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 18, 2015
Still in Montego Bay for Reggae SumFest. Another late, late night.
Here’s what’s happening the world of music news this Saturday.
- Katy Perry would like to thank her Left Shark for her Emmy nomination.
- You can now dress as sharp as Sam Smith.
- Madonna is getting a fresh round of hate.
- The audio secrets of crying babies and car alarms.
- There’s a new petition that suggests carvings of Outkast should be added to a Confederate monument. I can get behind that.
- Techy, but also useful from a music sense in many ways: Are we near the end of Moore’s Law?
- Sanitary napkin falls out during Mexican singer’s TV appearance. Here’s how she handled it. I like this woman.
- Third Eye Blind: still with us and still taking things very seriously.
- How playlists are curating the future of music.
- Lars Ulrich things that streaming is good for music. (Via Tom)
- Did some Dalai Lama tweets lead to the cancellation of some Maroon 5 gigs in China?
- How much time do you spend watching YouTube videos on your smartphone? Forty minutes per session? Holy data plan, Batman!
- Suge Knight seems to be in bad, bad shape. Is his strange behavior the result of a brain tumour?
- A warning: don’t drink and pipe.
- Is Captain Picard a Taylor Swift fan?