Published on March 24th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, March 26, 2018
I was hoping the weather in Vancouver (I’m here for the Junos) would be better than the weather in Toronto. Nope. Not really. Let’s take a look at some music news for March 26, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for Global News.
- In the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal with Facebook, SONOS is pulling ads and donating the money to digital rights efforts. Read about it here.
- Fed up with Facebook, too? Here’s how to properly delete your account.
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey got paid $1 million to play a birthday party.
- Vodka has been very, very good to Diddy.
- Nice to see that punk icon Jayne County is back. It’s the perfect time, too.
- Is Apple thinking about releasing a cheaper iPad for the education market soon? Maybe.
- Here’s what Jack White says about his proposed ban on cell phones at concerts.
- This is how long it takes for Spotify to pay an artist from revenue derived from free users.
- Like drums? Then watch this. (Via Wes)
- Need a singer for your funeral? These people will take the gig.
- If you were ever a fan of the Pixies, read this.
- A Spice Girls animated superhero movie? It’s official. We’ve run out of ideas.
- Is Facebook doing more harm than good? Let’s take a look.