Published on May 16th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, May 16, 2015
Camping on the May long weekend? No thanks.
- Great news! Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson has been ruled cancer-free.
- Robin Thicke is mortified by what his father Alan had to say about sex. Yeah, none of us needed to hear this stuff. (Via Tom)
- Why would you pay $1,200 USD for one of these new Walkmans? (Tom again)
- It’s not exactly weaponizing Guitar Hero, but it’s sort of close. There’s also that bit about how the underlying technology could lead to better x-rays. (Um, Tom?)
- Not exactly music-related, but here’s how to enable the Vulcan salute emoji in iOS and OS X.
- Feel like listening to the Lamb of God album? It’s streaming here.
- Here’s more on the extension of copyright of music in Canada. It’s coming. (Via Jeff)
- Billboard has a nice feature on Florence Welch and Florence + the Machine.
- Here’s a short timesuck: how many of these 80s bands can you name?
- Off to the Cannes Film Festival? Then hang out in Bono’s favourite bar.
- Why is Lars Ulrich wearing a g-string/thong? (Still more Tom)