Published on May 2nd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, May 2, 2015
Public GPS was born 15 years ago today when Bill Clinton said the data would no longer be restricted to just military use. That’s how we can zero in on the hospital where the new princess was born (51 degrees, 31 minutes, 10.80 seconds north and 0 degrees, 10 minutes and 24.67 west.)
- Now that there’s a new royal sprog, here’s a list of baby songs.
- Is this guy Australia’s most important new singing voice? Possibly.
- Based on your musical taste, is it possible to guess where you grew up? Possibly.
- Here’s a cool story on the evolution of music consumption.
- Cinderella (remember them?) reminisce about their chili dog commercial. (Via Tom)
- There’s a new Marvin Gaye book coming.
- Did you get the “3 months of Spotify for 99 cents” email offer? Is this the full version? If it is, how are the artists getting paid?
- Miley Cyrus has dyed her underarm hair pink. Good for her.
- Shazam is staging their own festival.
- This Irish metal band almost got sued for…what?
- A rare 1971 Lamborghini owned by Rod Stewart is up for sale.
- BB King is reported to now be in hospice care.
- U2 will try to drum up excitement for their upcoming tour with an appearance on The Tonight Show next week. (Via Larry)
- Noel Gallagher again refutes the idea of an Oasis reunion.
- There’s a big election in the UK next week. Time to analyze how people might vote using their musical tastes.