Published on October 13th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, October 13, 2018
Has Kanye done anything crazy yet today? He’s had enough attention this week, so we’ll leave him out of music news for October 13, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca
- I like this idea: Today is “National Album Day” in the UK.
- Ed Sheeran is the world’s richest solo artist. He’s currently making $USD 99,000 a day.
- Ozzy has cancelled the rest of his tour because he’s suffering from “multiple infections.”
- Why doesn’t country radio give female singers their due?
- Here’s the story of how the Beatles’ logo was created.
- There was a big podcasting conference in Toronto this past week. Here’s what was said.
- Lindsey Buckingham is suing Fleetwood Mac.
- How radio has jumped into the podcast world.
- Ratings for last weekend’s American Music Awards hit an all-time low.
- If you’re an audiophile, you may have to really consider subscribing to Tidal. Here’s why.
- Is Dolly Parton really this nice?
- The live music industry in the UK is in real trouble.
- Dammit. NextRadio was SUCH a good idea. Why did it fail?
- Fiddy has a new TV deal with the Starz network.
- Here’s me on Global News AM 640 talking about the Amy Winehouse hologram.
- The recent Facebook hack affected 30 million users.
- Steinway pianos are delivered to some of the strangest places?