Published on October 6th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, October 6, 2018
When do you have your Thanksgiving dinner? Is it Sunday or Monday? We’re doing ours today so we get a jump on the leftovers. And now, music news for October 6, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for Global News.
- In the era of streaming, does the fourth quarter really matter anymore? Maybe not.
- Stormy Daniels had some rock star sex in some interesting places.
- The lead singer of The Sadies was escaped serious injury by a falling light during a gig.
- Sheepdogs drummer Sam Corbett is undergoing radiation treatment for cancer. He’s already planning his return to the band.
- Those limited edition AC/DC coins from the Royal Australian Mint sold out in one day.
- Steve Van Zandt is not a fan of streaming. Here’s why.
- Tidal has launched an app for Samsung TVs.
- The music industry has agreed on the first updated manufacturing standards for 7-inch, 12-inch and LP records since 1978.
- This white guy spent £75,000 on plastic surgery so he could look like is K-pop boy band idol.
- What was it with Michael Jackson and English soccer? Here’s what I mean.
- How do birds learn how to sing? It’s actually a tricky question.
- Moby is selling 200 drum machines with all the money going to charity.
- The US Federal Trade Commission is going to look into how Ticketmaster works. Here’s the announcement.
- Vinyl and cocktails? Yes, please!
- China: “Don’t look at us!”
- Looking for a new stereo? This one is…interesting.\
- Want to vote on the nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Soon.
- Brett Kavanaugh isn’t the only person who kept his party calendar from 1982. So did Andrew WK.
- Busking can be complicated.