Published on September 1st, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, September 1, 2018
Now that it’s September, I wonder how long it’ll be before some radio station flips to its annual all-Christmas format? Don’t laugh. I’ve heard of it being done as early as late September. And now, music news for September 1, 2018.
- Here are my weekly music picks for GlobalNews.ca.
- Kevin Lyman, founder of the Warped Tour, has been hospitalized.
- Aretha Franklin is going to have a park in Detroit renamed after her.
- And in case you missed this embarrassing gaffe at Aretha’s funeral, let’s relive it.
- In case you still need details on Eminem’s new album, Kamikaze…
- Still more Em news here.
- And did the Secret Service really interview him as a possible Trump threat?
- They call this woman “the rock star whisperer.”
- Rod Stewart’s classic Lamborghini could sell for big bucks.
- Rapper Brooke Candy has directed a video for PornHub.
- Not music related but related to porn: HBO has purged all adult entertainment from its schedule.
- How to enjoy music festivals as a sober person.
- Er, what?
- In case you missed it, the announcement for the new iPhone (allegedly to be called the XS and XS Plus) will be September 12.
- Arkells are ambitious. It’s good when a Canadian band thinks big.
- A hint when it comes to posting stuff on YouTube: don’t use ALL CAPS IN YOUR TITLE because that could affect views.
- Marshall, the guitar amplifier people, now have a smart speaker.
- I went to see New Order in Toronto the other night. Here’s a story on the band’s relationship with the city.
- The TAVES show–a big hifi show in Toronto–has been cancelled. Damn.
- They take their politician rock stars seriously in Uganda.
- No President Kanye until at least 2024.
- This new Led Zeppelin box set for The Song Remains the Same looks cool.