Published on September 8th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Saturday, September 8, 2018
Still in Vancouver at the Skookum Festival. Having a good time. Wish you were here. And now, some music news for Saturday, September 8, 2018.
- Because it’s Caturday, here are 15 songs about cats. (Blame Tom)
- This is fascinating: The head of CBS allegedly tried to sabotage Janet Jackson’s career after the Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction.
- Here’s an unreleased outtake from Prince’s Purple Rain sessions entitled “17 Days.”
- Let’s go back to when David Bowie was just 16. Check out these sketches.
- For no particular reason, here’s a story about Liam Gallagher’s daughter.
- Mick Jagger is getting back into acting with The Burnt Orange Heresy.
- Kim Kardashian says there is no sex tape sample in Kanye’s music.
- Google turned 20 this week. Here’s a history of the search engine that ate the world.
- Cool: The story behind the creation of the iPhone keyboard.
- This is an interesting look at how pop stars are guiding their own narratives. But is that a good thing?
- Kindie rock? What’s that? (Hint: If you’re a parent, you should read this.)
- Influencer fraud? What’s that? This.
- Bass lessons with that guitar? Yes, please.
- If you’re a fan of Led Zeppelin, you might want to listen to this online special.
- Here are seven mixing terms you may need to know.
- Wait: Bach is the property of Sony? What? (Via Tom one more time)
- Here’s the latest missive from Tom DeLonge’s To the Stars Academy.