Published on April 26th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, April 26, 2018
Today is Melania Trump’s birthday. I wonder what she really wants? Meanwhile, in music news for April 26, 2018…
- For some reason, Panic! At the Disco has been sending fans potatoes.
- The Arctic Monkeys usually release music from a new album ahead of time. Not for this next album.
- Moby is selling off some of his gear for charity. Interested? Go here.
- Kanye: The Corporation.
- Prince Harry and Megahan have announced the musicians for their wedding.
- #DeleteFacebook? Didn’t seem to affect Q1 earnings.
- Fascinating: the language we speak can change our perception of colours.
- Was Prince suffering from depression in his last days? That’s what his girlfriend says.
- Another possible Spotify feature: an “explicit filter” for families.
- YouTube is going to produce a documentary on disgraced boy band svengali Lou Pearlman. This will be interesting.
- Did Mark Zuckerberg tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth when he testified before Congress? Maybe, maybe not.
- And what is going on with YouTube? This isn’t good.
- Satan has moved beyond rock. The Dark One has infiltrated hip-hop.
- Meanwhile, the rock is dead/long live rock debate continues for the 40th year in a row.
- Indie bands are getting on the vinyl revival thanks to some new boutique pressing plants.
- Fraud detection software is coming to the music industry. This could change a lot.
- Sky-TV has ordered a documentary on Blondie drummer, Clem Burke.
- What’s the future of concerts? Could it be cutting-edge forms of multimedia? Maybe.
- How did K-pop get turned into a propaganda tool? Like this.
- The Charity Single Era: a good idea at the time, cringe-worthy when we look back.