Published on April 5th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, April 5, 2018
Sixty years ago today, there was a big underwater boom in Canada. A BIG one. Let’s see what’s booming in music news for April 5, 2018.
- Time to start guessing about what Apple is going to call the next iPhone.
- And will it have a curved screen?
- Meanwhile, Amazon’s Alexa is coming to Fire tablets.
- Back to Apple: Props to Vulfbeck for landing a cool synch deal.
- Timesuck quiz: Can you identify the guitars on these classic album covers.
- Radio is still doing fine, thank you.
- Which streaming music service pays artists the best? Nope. Not that one.
- The Beatles animated film, Yellow Submarine, is coming back to theatres for its 50th anniversary.
- Speaking of old stars, get ready for a lot more Elvis thanks to HBO.
- Whale jazz. Seriously.
- Aliens. Right. That’s the only explanation.
- It looks like Billie Joe Armstrong has a new band outside of Green Day.
- North Korea says its sorry over banning the press from a concert in Pyongyang. That’s rare.
- Mick Jagger may be 74, but he still likes to bust a move.
- When Sting acquires a New York apartment, he doesn’t mess around.
- Beware making music videos because as Bon Jovi says, a bad one can ruin a career.
- Reverend Adele? Yes.
- Let’s be honest: Facebook tricked us into giving it all our data. Here’s how it happened.
- Can you imagine U2 and Guns N’ Roses touring together? It almost happened. (Via Tom)
- This could be the first time an album makes it back onto the charts because of an Internet meme.