Published on August 13th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, August 13, 2015
On this day in 1942, Disney released Bambi to theatres. Kids have been traumatized ever since. Moving on to music news…
- Drake has sold a million records in the US this year. He’ll probably sell a million in Canada, too, by the end of the year.
- And while we’re on the subject, why has Drake been silent on the shootings at his OVO after party? Just askin’.
- There’s a new musical running in Toronto called Oh, Canada! What a Feeling that celebrates Canadian music through the years. The reviews have been excellent.
- Chinese rappers and what they’re bringing to a once-closed culture.
- Why do we use the word “rock star” in the world of business? Good question.
- Here’s an argument for why we should return to recording music on magnetic tape.
- Band & Me is an interesting new app that could revolutionize fan engagement. Read about it here.
- A couple have been found guilty of having sex during a concert.
- David Byrne is writing some kind of new show for New York City.
- If you’ve always wanted to make a video for Motorhead, click here.
- And the new Dead Weather album will be called…
- Is this the worst 28 seconds in the history of music? Some people think so. (Brent)
- Here are ten things ever music fanatic can relate to.
- This new “illuminated piano” should make learning to play a whole lot easier.
- Thom Yorke is heading to Broadway.