Published on July 2nd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, July 2, 2015
I have the Statler Brothers “Flowers on the Wall” going through my head on an endless loop.
- A French magazine has been fined €1,000 for encouraging piracy.
- An indie band set up their own record store only to have it sold out from under them.
- My God. Deborah Harry is now 70 years old.
- Another story about the inexact science of radio ratings. The risk of bad data: ‘Twas ever thus.
- Have you heard of Illionaire Records? You soon might.
- U2 explains themselves and the song “Cedarwood Road” with Song Exploder. (Via Michael)
- There will be a Rolling Stones tour in 2016. How long can they go?
- Please stop it, Alex Trebek. Stop rapping. (Via Tom)
- Rick Ross is out on $2 million bail on those guns and kidnapping charges.
- Shazam and SoundHound have already integrated Apple Music.
- Breaking Benjamin’s mystery illness.
- What this woman can do with makeup is pretty cool. (Via Tom)