Published on June 18th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, June 18, 2015
So I’m London to see the Foo Fighters at Wembley Stadium. The problem is that the Foo Fighters aren’t and there’s no show because of Dave’s bum leg. I couldn’t cancel my plane ticket and my hotel room was nonrefundable, so…here I am.
- Here are some interesting Father’s Day gift suggestions.
- This remote town in Israel has became quite the hotbed for music.
- U2 is now using real-time broadcasting app Meerkat on tour.
- U2’s next album is apparently going to be “more rock and serious.” (Via Larry)
- How producer Giorgio Moroder predicted today’s music 40 years ago.
- How Sweden has managed to be such a world powerhouse in music.
- I’m sure I posted this before, but it’s still fun: the evolution of music in 60 seconds. Click here.
- Another example of Madonna not acting her age.
- Beggars Banquet still won’t sign with Apple Music.
- Looking for some recommendations for NXNE this year? Try these.
- Here’s one for all the Freudians in the audience. (Via Tom)
- This one was filed under “Lovin’, Touchin’, Squeezin’, Hittin’, Chokin’, Beatin’.” (NOT funny.)