Published on March 29th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Thursday, March 29, 2018
On this day in 1999, the Dow hit 10,000 for the first time. Damn, I wish I’d invested in something back then. And now, some music news for March 29, 2018.
- You might want to download your Facebook data to see what the company knows about you. Here’s how to do that. You may end up being rather terrified.
- Looking to really, really, really delete yourself from Facebook? It’s complicated.
- No wonder Facebook is delaying the release of their smart speaker. People think it might end up listening to us and gathering even more data.
- And yes, our smart speakers do listen to us.
- The bankruptcy of iHeart Radio in the US is NOT the end of radio. The company made some super-stupid real estate deals and now it’s paying for it.
- Why is dating a musician so hard? Read this.
- This is cool: a gig in an abandoned Toronto subway station.
- Here are ten really bad instances of product placements in music videos.
- This is another explanation about how music and mathematics are inextricably intertwined. (Via Larry)
- And now, an Iron Maiden pinball machine. Want.
- #WhoBitBeyonce is a real thing. And a big mystery.
- And why do so many weird things swirl about Beyonce? Let’s dig into that.
- Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones has been declared cancer-free.
- Jack? Is that you?
- Need a really portable recording studio? Take a look at this.
- And here’s still more on the Queen biopic. It hasn’t been easy.